24 July 2013

the shower



I was lucky enough to be thrown two baby showers to celebrate our little girl. One held in June in Utah by my mama, and the other held a couple weeks ago here in California by my best gal(s) Sarah, and 
Mary Claire (who is responsible for the following gorgeous photos + the pretty dress I got to wear that day).


I am blown away with how beautiful it turned out. I could not have pictured a more perfect set up. It was a brunch party, complete with: donuts, donut holes for the thieving little ones, assorted french macrons, my mom's delicious chicken salad croissant sandwiches, strawberry and watermelon skewers, and homemade lemonade. It was a tiny get together of those that I love. It was comfortable. And I felt so incredibly special. Sarah made a complete reality of my vision, and I love her so much for it.

Thank you, ladies. One-hundred fold.

As I am nearing the end of this pregnancy, my cup runneth over. I have never know such depth of love - for not only the life that was hand sewn inside of me by God himself; but love for my Father, love for my Savior, love for my body, my husband, my family, and those friends that have lifted me up along the way. I have been surrounded by unwavering support during every single step. I feel so privileged to be so close to bringing new life into this world, this new person that is responsible for all of this love. Next time I write in this space, I may just be introducing my daughter (fingers crossed that is the case!). What a journey the past ten months has been. My heart is so ready for the next step.
 Until then. 

N

11 comments:

  1. This was very uplifting. I know it's about your party, but it brought a peace to my heart- especially the end. My husband and I are hoping to become pregnant very soon and your blog posts always make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo cute! I'm throwing my friend a baby shower in a couple weeks and I love the decorations & food table! definitely going to use some of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect. Sarah did a great job! Beyond lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sweet! I am so excited for you. I love that photo of you holding up the strawberries. In case you don't post until having your little girl good luck and congrats!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful. Your shower is beautiful as well. Can't wait to meet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you ma. Your cup is my cup...and my cup is beyond full. Always lifting you up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Beautiful huskey-eyed mom-to-be <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely little pink-filled shower. My best wishes for your (hopefully soon) delivery. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about your shower! So sweet and simple. You look so beautiful as well. It's weird that I have been reading your blog since you got married, and now you are about to have a beautiful baby girl! So happy for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Your shower looks absolutely beautiful! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dress! Where did you get it?! Beautiful shower for a beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete